This small tutorial is really just a personal reference, but to those who find it useful I’m glad. I’m currently running a T60p, and the wireless when we upgraded the internet was still slow. With a few optimizations however, one can get the full speed and usage of their network card.
- First, go to http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks.
- Click on start.
- If start doesn’t come up, you might need the JRE plugin for your browser. If so, then download and install it.
- Click on Results once it has finished.
- Fill out the connectivity form for tweak suggestions.
If you are like me, you got a suggestion for optimization.
- Under Notes and Recommendations, look for “choose RWIN between some number and some number.”
- Download DRTCP.
- When you open the application, under Tcp Receive Window, put in the second number listed on choose RWIN between some number and some number.
- Make sure that you have the right network adapter selected.
- Save the settings.
- Restart your computer.
Here are my before and afters. The difference is kind of amazing. Thank you vancottt for this information. Have fun.