Well we have successfully released another alpha. It seemed really fast, but the system acts totally different with this new alpha release. You can get this new release at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/torrentvolve Some of the features include:
- Archive browsing of previously downloaded torrents and their torrent files.
- Administration of user archives.
- The ability to reload an archived .torrent file.
- Browsing to other user’s archives and getting their downloaded files.
We also had a chance to fix some of the current bugs within the system. Some of these fixes include:
- HTML and CSS is XHTML compliant.
- Users can now upload renamed torrents.
- The torrent upload name doesn’t have to be consistent with the actual torrent name.
- Layout and graphics tweaks for a more asthetic interface.
- Fixed a security flaw in changing passwords.
One thing I would like to mention is the archiving feature. The point of this system is to clean up the primary interface and allow better access to downloaded material for the system. After a torrent is uploaded, a user can choose to archive it at any time. It removes the torrent from the main interface to clear things up a little. Users can then view archives and re-upload them for seeding, or get the downloaded material of the torrent.
We are working on a number of things for the next release. Some of these new features include:
- Automatic zipping of archive directories for direct downloads.
- More torrent display information.
- Sub-directory listing within archive feature.
- More speed optimizations of the code.
Hopefully we will get some more feedback from the community as to what features should be put in the system next. I hope all of our users enjoy this latest release and I will be sure to post more periodic updates.