I was recently working on a project for a customer when the new Visual Studio Service Pack 1 as well as the new Azure tools came out. After I upgraded I went to run my solution and this is what I got:
Could not load file or assembly ‘msshrtmi’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
I was told it was an x86 x64 compatibility issue. I was told to unload the solution, remove all instances of the text <PlatformTarget>AnyCPU</PlatformTarget> and rebuild. It didn’t work.
I then went and deleted the bin and debug folders from my application and BOOM! Worked like a charm.